What type of server are smtp, pop3, IMAP?
2022-09-23 08:53:34【Juming Network】
What is an SMTP server? What is a pop3 server? What does an IMAP server do? There are many types of servers. The above is a question and answer about the three types of servers. Let’s learn about the types of smtp, pop3, and IMAP.Server!
1. What is an SMTP server?
The SMTP protocol belongs to the TCP/IP protocol family, which helps each computer find the next destination when sending or relaying letters.It can be seen from the transmission process of e-mail that a fully functional e-mail system should be composed of two servers, the receiving server (POP3) and the sending server (SMTP).
Our commonly used mailbox SMTP server addresses are: QQ mailbox (mail.qq.com), Aliyun mailbox (mail.aliyun.com), Google mailbox (google.com), Sina mailbox (sina.com).The so-called SMTP server is the SMTP server responsible for sending mail, namely Simple Mail Transfer Protocol.
2. What is pop3 server?
POP is the abbreviation of Post Office Protocol, which is an electronic post office transmission protocol.To put it simply, POP3 is a simple and practical mail information transmission protocol, so the POP3 server is a sending mail server that follows the POP protocol. Different mail service providers have corresponding POP server addresses, and this address will be provided to everyone for your convenience.It can be used when using professional mail management software such as Foxmail and Outlook.
3. What is an IMAP server?
The full name of IMAP is Internet Mail Access Protocol, which is the Interactive Mail Access Protocol. It is one of the standard mail access protocols similar to POP3.The difference is that after IMAP is enabled, the emails you receive on the email client remain on the server, and operations on the client are fed back to the server, such as deleting emails, marking as read, etc.Mail will also do the corresponding action.Therefore, whether you log in to the mailbox from the browser or log in to the mailbox from the client software, the emails and statuses you see are the same.
- Detailed explanation of nvm
- tkinter minimize to tray
- System plugin problem when installing sql
- Briefly describe the functions and application scenarios of mux vlan _vlan principle
- QinQ VLAN, the Mapping principle and configuration of collection "advice"
- Cookies and Sessions and their related issues
- Research and Application of Transport Network Based on OXC Technology
- Vlan in network applications have any practical significance _ network engineering can't find a job
- 【蓝桥杯国赛真题25】Scratch数字与图形 第十三届蓝桥杯 图形化编程scratch国赛真题和答案讲解
- Detailed explanation of apifox
- 【教程】在 visual studio 共享和重用项目属性
- Redis Cluster为什么选哈希槽不选一致性哈希？
- How about the sheep brand domain name?
- [Cloud native] MySQL on k8s environment deployment
- pointer of go language
- Cloud Native Enthusiasts Weekly: Implementing PostgreSQL Observability with eBPF
- Solidity lesson nine - events and inheritance
- Why does Redis Cluster choose hash slots instead of consistent hashing?
- Cannot use Alt key to map in Vim
- What's New in Redis 7.0 What are Redis Functions?An artifact that can easily implement "complex atomic operations"!
- I want to change the name of my official account, okay?
- What is the asp web hosting?How to find an ASP web hosting?
- What is a .win domain name? How to register a .win domain name?
- Method to highlight all identical words in vim
- Oracle database uses function DBMS_RANDOM to generate random number method
- How to gracefully moving objects - Unity 】 【 8 method
- Js method to determine whether the character is empty
- [Tutorial] Share and reuse project properties in visual studio
- [Blue Bridge Cup National Competition Real Questions 25] Scratch Numbers and Graphics The 13th Blue Bridge Cup Graphical Programming Scratch National Competition Real Questions and Answers Explained
- What should I do if the xhunter1.sys driver is incompatible when the computer is reinstalled
- KubeSphere Community Bi-Weekly Report | Feature Highlights | 2022-09-16
- Cloud Product Delivery Practices at NebulaGraph
- Replace, delete, insert in vim's column mode
- OMG, I never thought, binary search and poetry?!
- Using Jenkins Kubernetes built-in PodTemplate management node