当前位置：网站首页>Vlan in network applications have any practical significance _ network engineering can't find a job
Vlan in network applications have any practical significance _ network engineering can't find a job
2022-09-23 08:38:04【Full stack programmer webmaster】
What is a VLAN?
VLAN (Virtual Local Area Network) is a virtual local area network, which is a communication technology that logically divides a physical LAN into multiple broadcast domains.
When the IEEE802.1Internetworking committee concluded the revision work on the initial VLAN standard.The newly introduced standard further improves the VLAN architecture, unifies the tag formats of different manufacturers in the Frame-Tagging method, and formulates the development direction of the VLAN standard in the future. The formed 802.1Q standard has been widely used in the industry.promotion.Later, in 1999, IEEE promulgated a draft 802.1Q protocol standard for standardizing VLAN implementations.The emergence of 802.1Q broke the deadlock that the virtual network depended on a single vendor, and promoted the rapid development of VLAN from one aspect.
What is the difference between VLAN data frames and traditional Ethernet data frames?
IEEE 802.1Q is the official standard of VLAN, adding a 4-byte 802.1Q Tag to the traditional Ethernet data frame (between the source MAC address field and the protocol type field).
Wherein, the VID (VLAN ID) field in the data frame is used to indicate the VLAN to which the data frame belongs, and the data frame can only be transmitted within the VLAN to which it belongs.
What is the role of VLAN?
A picture to understand the role of VLAN:
It can be seen from the above figure that by dividing different VLANs, hosts in a VLAN can communicate directly, but cannot communicate directly between VLANs, thus limiting broadcast packets to one VLAN.
Here Xiaobian summarizes the advantages of VLAN technology, let's take a look:
Restrict broadcast domain: The broadcast domain is restricted to one VLAN, which saves bandwidth and improves network processing capability.
Enhanced LAN security: Packets in different VLANs are isolated from each other during transmission, that is, users in one VLAN cannot communicate directly with users in other VLANs.
Improve the robustness of the network: The fault is limited to one VLAN, and the fault in this VLAN will not affect the normal work of other VLANs.
Flexible construction of virtual workgroups: Different users can be divided into different workgroups by using VLANs, and users in the same workgroup need not be limited to a fixed physical range, and network construction and maintenance are more efficient.Convenient and flexible.
How are VLAN data frames processed when passing through each interface?
What types of interfaces are available on the device?Let's take a look with me!
Access interface: the interface used to connect the user host on the switch, it can only be connected to the access link (Access Link).
Trunk interface: an interface on a switch used to connect to other switches, it can only be connected to a trunk link (Trunk Link).
In addition, there is another interface called Hybrid interface, which is an interface on the switch that can be connected to both user hosts and other switches.Hybrid interfaces can be connected to both access links and trunk links.
Note: When the Hybrid interface and the Trunk interface receive data, the processing method is the same.The only difference is that when sending data, a Hybrid interface can allow packets of multiple VLANs to be sent without tags, while a trunk interface can only allow packets of the default VLAN to be sent without tags.
Different interface types have different processing procedures for VLAN data frames.The specific processing methods are as follows:
In order to help friends better understand the processing of packets, you can also learn from the following table!!!
Publisher: Full-stack programmer, please indicate the source: https://javaforall.cn/169379.htmlOriginal link: https://javaforall.cn
- Protobuf：Updating A Message （Protobuf更新.proto文件后用读取旧的信息流）
- 葡聚糖-巯基 Dextran-SH,甲基丙烯酸酯/碘乙酸盐/氯化物/二苯基环辛炔功能化葡聚糖
- Jetpack ViewModel源码分析
- Jetpack Lifecycle源码分析
- Oracle 10g 环境 ，集群启动后磁盘组不自动挂载，在哪里设置？
- nacos 无法注册服务
- Can live broadcasts also cross dimensions?The Digital Human New Product Launch Conference is here!
- Can the openGauss database use Chinese to define indications and field names?
- SQL daily practice 3 - simple record 9 questions
- In the Oracle 10g environment, the disk group is not automatically mounted after the cluster is started. Where should I set it?
- Jetpack Lifecycle source code analysis
- nacos cannot register service
- Behind the big sales of the AITO series, Huawei is incubating more "Celes"
- Jetpack ViewModel source analysis
- QinQ、VLAN Mapping原理和配置「建议收藏」
- 简述mux vlan的功能及应用场景_vlan的原理
- 云原生爱好者周刊：使用 eBPF 实现 PostgreSQL 的可观测性
- 利用 Kubernetes 内置 PodTemplate 管理 Jenkins 构建节点
- NebulaGraph 的云产品交付实践
- KubeSphere 社区双周报 | 功能亮点抢“鲜”看 | 2022-09-16
- Difference Between Router and Switch
- Common higher-order functions of filter, find, any, map, flatMap, takeWhile, reduce, groupBy in Kotlin series
- Approaches to promoting the cultivation of digital skills of rural residents in response to a rapidly changing environment
- The use of RAII of unique_ptr smart pointer in exception handling