Solve the most important problem you can personally influence - Paras
2021-10-14 06:43:40 【Jiedao jdon】
Choosing the problem to solve is a function of attention . No matter where you focus , Whatever you focus on , Will reveal to you the problems in this field . Solving these revealed problems will attract you , And it will reveal more problems worth solving in this field .
Because every field of life has such rich content , So it's easy to get lost in this feedback loop , Solve one problem after another in that field in a lifetime . in fact , This is it. （ Traditionally ） Meaning of occupation . If one notices and realizes this , So there's nothing wrong with going deep into a utilitarian market . however , In my experience , Few people consciously choose the problem to be solved , Because few people consciously choose what to pay attention to .
It is more likely that the opposite is true , A person's attention is accidentally or an entity engaged in a compelling business （ The media 、 Influencer 、 Parents 、 friend ） Attracted by the . Incredibly , such Eye catching behavior determines what problems they can find in the world .
An example is college students' Entrepreneurship . They often revolve around university problems , Like dating 、 Internship 、 Work, etc. . Take Facebook for example . It started because of mark · Zuckerberg wants to create a student directory , It will eventually help improve his dating life . As far as I'm concerned , My first two startups revolved around college life —— One is the catalogue of Indian university bands , The other is the student project platform . Were they my best investments at the time ？ No , But those were the only problems I could realize at that time , Because my attention is attracted by the world created by my college experience .
I now understand , Given the time we share 、 Energy and bandwidth are limited , Solving important problems is more worth investing in than solving any problem of concern . Why do things turn out like this? ？ This is because all the questions are detailed enough , Become interesting and interesting . If the fun of solving problems is more or less the same , I should give priority to solving the problems that lead to greater and extraordinary improvements in the world （ Instead of solving problems that lead to smaller 、 Trivial improvement problems ）.
therefore , To judge the importance of the problem , Please see if the expected improvements in the world are solved .
however , How to judge what progress is in the world ？ What yardstick should be used to measure ？ ok , Do that , You need to cultivate knowledge of the world “ good ” or “ bad ” Belief . Without your own beliefs , You will accept other people's beliefs , This will lead you to invest time in solving problems you don't think are important .
In order to find out what you think of the progress in the world , I suggest sitting down and writing down your code of ethics . The gap between the world we have today and what you think is a better world will help reveal important problems to you . for example , I prefer the world with less suffering , It will immediately reveal a large number of important issues , For example, animal husbandry 、 depression 、 Child mortality, etc .
Your code of ethics may be completely different from mine , We don't have to agree on which issues are important . It is important to be careful to know which issues are important , Not through the influences around （ social media 、 colleagues 、 Industry influencer 、 The media ） Solve any problems that come to your attention .
To make a long story short , The importance of most problems varies , But most problems are similar in the fun of solving them . So why not choose to solve important problems ？
A warning here is , It's easy to indulge in trying to find the most important problem worth solving . Although such exercises help to clarify where time is spent , But it should not lead to inaction . Climate change, 、 The most obvious and important problems, such as poverty or cancer, are also problems with limited potential for any personal impact . If many smart and motivated people try to solve problems but fail completely , So by default , You should assume that you will get similar results . Confidence is good , But cognitive bias is not good . Be a good Bayesian and understand how to solve cancer or climate change , If you encounter difficulties . These are complex phenomena , There is no easy solution .
The following rule of thumb is recommended ： Choose a problem where importance and manageability intersect .
It may sound obvious , But it's hard at the crossroads . Manageable problems are attractive , Because they belong to our comfort zone （ But it will not necessarily improve the world ）. Important questions are attractive , Because they Herald great progress in the world （ But it may not solve ）.
What helps to select important issues that are easy to deal with is , Considering the importance of the problem, it is not an accurate mathematical ranking , It's a broad label , It can be applied to many interrelated problems . for example , Even if you can't solve the problem of climate change yourself , But it can protect forests from being razed to the ground or invent more efficient batteries , You should also see it as a worthwhile investment in life . You are not frustrated by the difficulty of solving climate change , It has no effect on what you think is important . You don't spend time in a relatively unimportant field （ From the perspective of your own belief system ） Solve a small problem .
You chose the biggest manageable problem in the area you considered important and solved it . That's what really matters , You should be proud of it .
banq Comment on ： What problem is more important to solve than the problem itself But what is important depends on the global perspective , Man is not God , There can be no God's perspective , It's better to solve the problems within your cognitive range , God may give you a chance , mark · Zuckerberg created Facebook Success is such a case , At the beginning, his vision was to solve the problems in his cognitive world , But I didn't expect to be able to expand to important problems all over the world , He can only get into the context of what he considers important first , Be in it, keep learning and making progress , Will discover the more important problems of all mankind , Context is king .
- Component library design
- Unit test and end-to-end test of Spartacus UI of SAP e-commerce cloud, as well as CI / CD related topics
- Pcie Atomic Operation
- Commande de transaction pcie
- Détails du Service de conversion d'adresses pcie (ATS)
- Pcie Access Control Service (ACS)
- Introduction aux transactions verrouillées pcie
- Pcie Multicast Introduction (Multicast Operations)
Pcie tlp prefix & pasid tlp prefix Introduction
Introduction à pcie ARI (alternative Routing ID Interpretation)
How SAP Spartacus ngexpressenginedecorator works
Leecode01. Sum of two numbers -- leecode100 hot questions series
How to add a custom UI on the sap Spartacus product details page
Usage of limit in SQL -- database series learning notes
The interview questions and answers of Alibaba Android in 2021 have been collected by thousands of people
Technologie de base et pratique du service à la clientèle intelligent meituan
－ [gaussdb class No.6] migration des bases de données et des applications services ugo－
Code statement of multiple left joins combined with dynamic SQL
- The interview of Alibaba Android post in 2021 is a must, and the technology is introduced in detail
- [go to big factory series] two optimization tips for left join and limit
- In 2021, Ali Tencent Kwai offer has been awarded the 2021 programmer's advanced treasure.
- Elaborate on package manager yarn and NPM
- 惊！居然有60%的职场人深陷 “ 职场PUA ” 而不自知
- Pcie TPH (tlp Processing hints) Introduction
- Pcie RN (Readiness notification) Introduction
- Pcie EA (Enhanced allocation) Introduction
- [dernière technologie connue] pcie gen5 n'est pas encore utilisé et gen6 est là?Pcie 6.0: pcie 6.0, où est exactement 6?
- [Protocole pcie] J'ai entendu dire que vous avez été pcie pendant de nombreuses années, mais je ne sais toujours pas quel est l'ID hiérarchique pcie???
- Interprétation du code source uvm, notes d'examen du Code uvm - 1.2
- [let's go to Dachang series] what is return table query? How to optimize back to table query?
- When is the best time for engineers to choose job hopping?
- The underlying principle of left join in SQL (Exploring the complexity of various joins)
- Optimization Practice of audio and video terminal engine
- Button's' evolutionary journey '| how do we design the compose API
- National Day travel artifact: magic black technology for heaven creation, let vlog seconds become science fiction blockbusters!
- Surprise!En fait, 60% des gens sur le lieu de travail sont coincés dans la Pua sur le lieu de travail sans savoir
- Plutôt que d'augmenter les salaires des anciens employés, que pensent les patrons des grandes usines?
- Réapparaître la tragédie de la mort subite d'un employé, comment faire face à un horaire de travail « intensif »?
- The projects in this open source organization are boutiques
- [ultimate solution] solve the problem that idea cannot search Lombok plug-in (idea cannot recognize @ slf4j, @ getter, @ setter annotations)
- Good travel helper: accurate and reliable flight dynamic data service
- Interview question: the difference between array and sequential list
- Interview question: why is the dynamic expansion of C + + vector 1.5 times or 2 times
- Opengauss database source code analysis series articles - AI deepsql
- Comparison of common open source distributed file system architectures
- Vs | quelques petits détails
- Question d'intelligence | les souris boivent du poison
- Analyse du principe de génération de nombres aléatoires
- C | récursion de la fonction
- C | les données entières sont stockées en mémoire sous forme et en taille
- C | Mise en œuvre d'un jeu d'échecs simple
- C | Réalisation d'une version simple du déminage
- I worked in a big factory and earned 1 million in two years
- Realize scalable stream processing: pulsar key_ Shared subscription mode
- [natural language processing] Introduction to pytorch (essential basic knowledge)
- JS reverse hook, eating hot pot and singing songs, was suddenly robbed by Ma bandits!