Abstract ： What kind of community are developers ？ Maybe from research institutions Slashdata Recently released 《2020 year Q3 And edition 19 Report on the status of the developer community 》 We found one or two .
In recent years , Huawei has many key decisions for the developer community 、 It's a lot of investment , It not only builds a perfect developer community （ Direct link ）, There are also a variety of HDC、HC Developer Day And all kinds of big events , as well as DevRun、HDZ And other areas that continue to develop throughout the country 、 Community activities , It also launched Huawei cloud experts for industry experts 、 University alliances and other programs .
that , What kind of group are developers ？ Perhaps a recent authoritative report can give us some inspiration . In the near future , Well known developer Research Institute in the industry Slashdata Released the latest version of the developer economic survey 《2020 year Q3 And edition 19 Report on the status of the developer community 》, Huawei cloud also serves as Slashdata Partners in this research , The total number of returned questionnaires is as high as 17000 Of the industry reports .
So this report is for 2020 year Q3 What are the key trends for future developers to say ？ It's mainly about the following six scenes ：
1. Additional needs of developers during the outbreak of the new crown ;
2. About the status quo of different language communities ;
3. Why developers adopt or reject cloud technology ;
4. practice DevOps Who are they ？
5. What do developers value most about open source projects ？
6. Emerging technologies .
One 、 Additional needs of developers during the outbreak of the new crown
· 40% of the developers reported that they need more flexible working hours and workload due to the new crown epidemic ;
· For developers , Collaboration tools and platforms are the most important technical requirements ;
· Self employed developers and small business developers have less additional demand due to the new crown epidemic ;
· The larger the scale of the enterprise it serves , The more developers need tools for self-management and collaboration , And mental health support ;
Two 、 About the status quo of different language communities
· Python At present, there are 900 Million users , Last year alone, we added 220 Wanxin Developer , stay 2020 At the beginning of the year, it surpassed Java;
· Kotlin It's the fastest growing language community , since 2017 The scale has doubled since the end of the year ;
3、 ... and 、 Why developers adopt or reject cloud technology ;
· When considering adopting a cloud technology , Price and support / Documentation is a key factor in the decision-making process of developers ; And when you refuse , Price is the most important reason for rejection ;
· There are many opportunities for vendors to differentiate and position their orchestration tools in the market , Developers care less about the price , And focus more on features that can help development ;
· As long as the cloud solution meets the minimum requirements , Developers are no longer particularly concerned with feature sets or performance issues ;
· Developers reject technologies that don't give them a satisfying development experience , It's important to be able to reach the community and get the right support ;
Four 、 practice DevOps Who are they ？
· Most professional developers （ exceed 80%） More or less, they are involved in practice in some form DevOps;
· Continuous integration and continuous deployment （CI/CD） Are the two most common DevOps practice , But only 1/4 In both aspects, the developer has realized the automation of its workflow ;
· Programmers are very willing to use CI/CD, But less use of operational practices such as , For example, in the production environment monitoring application ;
· Software departments with lots of experienced professionals are more willing to embrace DevOps Pattern , There are few exceptions ;
5、 ... and 、 What do developers value most about open source projects ？
· Compared to contributing to open source projects , Developers appreciate the cooperation and interaction with the open source community ;
· In almost every way , Developers in Western Europe pay more attention to open source than those in other regions ;
· South Asian developers attach great importance to their contribution to open source projects , This makes it possible for the region to dominate the next wave of open source development ;
As can be seen in the figure below , East Asian developers are lagging behind in almost every way …… Don't pay attention to the cooperation and communication with the community 、 And it doesn't pay attention to providing continuous technical support ……
6、 ... and 、 Emerging technologies
· AR/VR And other emerging technologies have not yet fully embraced OSS principle ;
· There is little change in engagement and adoption , It means DevOps It's ripening ;
· Fog calculation / Edge computing is becoming more and more attractive among practitioners , But overall participation is still low ;
· Machine vision is maturing , As the number of developers studying the project has increased significantly , Its adoption rate will also increase ;
· Some advanced technologies have a fatigue effect in terms of participation , But the adoption rate has increased among developers who are still investing ;
These are some of the key points of this report .
Welcome to continue to pay attention Hua Wei Yun DevCloud, Search official account ：HWDevCloud, Get more information about dry goods ！