当前位置：网站首页>What is the difference between data scientists and machine learning engineers? - kdnuggets
What is the difference between data scientists and machine learning engineers? - kdnuggets
2020-11-06 01:20:04 【On jdon】
In today's digital age, the world revolves around thousands of data . Powerful devices for processing these data have become necessary . Now? , These machines should be automated , Or should these systems be designed in such a way ： These devices should be able to automatically and successfully process the data . therefore , To build these systems , We need professionals like machine learning engineers and data scientists . Now? , That's the importance of data science and machine learning .
There is a lot of confusion between data science and machine learning, and between the roles and responsibilities of data scientists and machine learning Engineers , Because these two terms are relatively new in the technology industry .
Data scientists and their significance
Data science is usually defined as the description of structured and unstructured data 、 Prediction and operation . This process helps business companies and organizations make business related decisions for the benefit of the company . Some might describe it as the origin of data 、 And what it represents and how to turn it into valuable resources , And to do that , Data science and technology is used to mine large amounts of data to find patterns, which will help enterprises to compete better than others , Understand new opportunities in the market , Increase of efficiency , And bring many of these benefits .
In defining data scientists , A lot of definitions are used , But if we have to sum up in a few words , Data scientists are only professionals in the field of data science . The responsibilities of data scientists include using their scientific expertise to solve complex problems and scenarios . The roles and responsibilities of data scientists also include special areas where skills are needed , For example, speech analysis , Text , Image and video processing, etc . Each of these roles and responsibilities of data scientists is very limited in number , therefore , Their positions are very valuable , So the market is in great demand . In short , Whenever a business needs to answer or solve a problem ,
Machine learning engineer and its significance
Machine learning is a branch of artificial intelligence , It deals with a class of data-driven algorithms , These algorithms enable software or systems to accurately predict the results of operations , Without human intervention or pre programming the system . There are many similarities between predictive modeling and data mining . This is because both methods and processes involve identifying patterns in the data , And adjust and modify the program accordingly .
Machine learning engineers are often referred to as senior programmers , They can develop machines in some way , Make them understand and apply knowledge without any particular direction . Artificial intelligence is the goal of machine learning engineers , But the focus of these computer programmers is not just to design specific programs for specific tasks .
Now that we know about the two areas of data science and machine learning , So it's important to understand the difference between data science and machine learning and get better ideas .
Machine learning engineers compare with data scientists
In recent years , There have been a number of data science work , And flooded the market . In the business of Data Science , Data scientists and machine learning engineers are relatively new trajectories . Between data science and machine learning difference when , Many parameters can be considered .
1. Requirements for data scientists ：
The job of data scientists requires them to be highly educated . To qualify as a data scientist , A master's or doctorate in data science is required . According to recent research , Finding data scientists in Computer Science , engineering , mathematics , Advanced degree in statistics and information technology related topics . therefore , Let's briefly introduce the required skills .
- Data scientists should at least have computer science , engineering , A master's or doctor's degree in mathematics or statistics , To apply for the position of data scientist . in addition , Individuals should learn something like R,Python,SQL And many of these new technologies and Trends , In order to learn data science , To get data science work . Now? , All of these programming languages can be learned in today's very common data scientist course .
- One should be proficient in mathematics , Or have very strong mathematical skills and the technical and analytical ability to become a data scientist .
- Data mining and statistical techniques are areas where experience should be gained . Such as data enhancement , Generalized linear model or regression , Data mining technologies such as network analysis are crucial when it comes to the responsibilities of data scientists , Because they have to be dealt with .
- Use things like artificial neural networks , Machine learning techniques like clustering can help you gain experience , In order to apply for data science work to play their own advantages . Need at least 5 To 7 Years of experience in statistical modeling and data processing .
- To learn data science , Need distributed data and computing tools （ for example Hadoop,Spark,MySQL,Python） And visualization and representation of data , So , You need a course in Data Science .
2. Requirements for machine learning Engineers ：
Just like a data scientist , Most companies prefer a machine learning engineer with a master's degree in any subject related to technology . however , Because the field is a relatively new one , So there's a shortage of people with these skills , As a result, recruiters tend to be more considerate when recruiting candidates for data science positions , And often willing to make exceptions . But that doesn't mean less requirements for other parameters , Because machine learning engineers should be familiar with something that can be done through libraries ,API, The concept of learning by means of package, etc , For example, machine learning algorithms . Some other skills that machine learning engineers should have are as follows .
- It's important to know the probability and statistics . Similarly , In mathematics , Because of the need for algorithmic theory , So we need deep knowledge , At the same time, decrypt complex machine learning algorithms to help machine learning and communication .
- Use things like MATLAB Programming tools like that , And etcd Distributed system tools work together with a wealth of engineering and technical knowledge and strong analytical skills and rich experience ,Zookeeper It's also crucial . Through data science , It's easy to learn all this knowledge , These courses are easily available online and in Institutions .
- When processing large amounts of data and working in high throughput environments , It should also be flexible and have no problems . Besides , The broad knowledge of machine learning assessment indicators is really important as a skill .
3. The role and responsibilities of data scientists ：
Compared with statisticians , Data scientists know more about programming than they do , And against software engineers , Data scientists know more about statistics than they do . The roles and responsibilities of data scientists include storing and cleaning up large amounts of data , Explore data sets to identify patterns by investigating valuable insights , Run the data science project . Details of the responsibilities of data scientists are as follows .
- The primary role and responsibility of data scientists involves the research and development of statistical models for data analysis , This is an important part of learning data science .
- It is the primary role and responsibility of data scientists to understand customers' needs and design models or guide them to seek solutions . Besides , By working with the company's management and engineering departments , Data scientists can also understand a company's needs or how it can help it grow .
- Communicate decisions to key business owners , Plans and concepts belong to the role and responsibility of data scientists . Identify new opportunities or trends in the industry , And design models to keep that in mind , This will help the company's improvement process , That's what data scientists should be aware of , And it's usually something taught in data scientists .
- It is also one of the responsibilities of data scientists to use the appropriate database and project design to optimize the solutions involved in the project . Again , To learn data science , Handle , It is also important to clean up and verify the integrity of the data to be used for data analysis , Because they will contribute to future data science work .
4. The role and responsibilities of machine learning engineers ：
The responsibilities of machine learning engineers will be related to the specific project they are working on at a certain point in time . however , If you notice carefully , You will acknowledge that machine learning engineers are usually responsible for creating algorithms based on statistical modeling processes . Now? , Let's see what these machine learning engineers are doing every day .
- The first task is to research and transform data science and technology prototypes , And design machine learning model . Besides , Working with data engineers to develop data and model pipelines is also considered part of one of the most recognized data science efforts .
- To design distributed systems , It's going on In data science （ It is best to ） Learning data science and the application of machine learning technology .
- From writing production level code to make it suitable for production , To participate in the code review and learn from the code what changes to make , Machine learning engineers are trying to improve the existing machine learning model .
- Choose the right data set and the right data representation , Run machine learning tests and experiment with them , Use these test results for statistical analysis and fine tuning , Is the key to making up for the role and responsibility of these machine learning Engineers .
- C++ 数字、string和char*的转换
- Won the CKA + CKS certificate with the highest gold content in kubernetes in 31 days!
- C + + number, string and char * conversion
- C + + Learning -- capacity() and resize() in C + +
- C + + Learning -- about code performance optimization
C + + programming experience (6): using C + + style type conversion
Latest party and government work report ppt - Park ppt
Online ID number extraction birthday tool
Field pointer? Dangling pointer? This article will help you understand!
GVRP of hcna Routing & Switching
- LeetCode 91. 解码方法
- Seq2seq implements chat robot
- [chat robot] principle of seq2seq model
- Leetcode 91. Decoding method
- HCNA Routing＆Switching之GVRP
- GVRP of hcna Routing & Switching
- HDU7016 Random Walk 2
- [Code+＃1]Yazid 的新生舞会
- CF1548C The Three Little Pigs
- HDU7033 Typing Contest
- HDU7016 Random Walk 2
- [code + 1] Yazid's freshman ball
- CF1548C The Three Little Pigs
- HDU7033 Typing Contest
- Qt Creator 自动补齐变慢的解决
- HALCON 20.11：如何处理标定助手品质问题
- HALCON 20.11：标定助手使用注意事项
- Solution of QT creator's automatic replenishment slowing down
- Halcon 20.11: how to deal with the quality problem of calibration assistant
- Halcon 20.11: precautions for use of calibration assistant
- "Top ten scientific and technological issues" announced| Young scientists 50 ² forum
- Reverse linked list
- JS data type
- Remember the bug encountered in reading and writing a file
- Singleton mode
- 在这个 N 多编程语言争霸的世界，C++ 究竟还有没有未来？
- In this world of N programming languages, is there a future for C + +?
- js Promise
- js 数组方法 回顾
- ES6 template characters
- js Promise
- JS array method review
- 【Golang】️走进 Go 语言️ 第一课 Hello World
- [golang] go into go language lesson 1 Hello World